|view from my pillow, sunday afternoon|
It’s time for the semi-regular round-up of posts written elsewhere. As a reminder, I’m now linking all blog posts, regardless of host site, at my public twitter account: @feministlib. So for those who use Twitter, it’ll get you day-of updates from here and elsewhere. I realize Twitter isn’t to everyone’s taste, though, so I’ll keep providing these link lists intermittently for those who care.
Over at the corner of your eye I reviewed:
- Fair Game by Patricia Briggs
- Joining the Resistance by Carol Gilligan
- The Morning After by Heather Munro Prescott
- Trans/Love edited by Morty Diamond
- Hit List by Laurell K. Hamilton
- Real Live Nude Girl by Carol Queen
- Dear Friend by David Deichter
And at The Pursuit of Harpyness:
- I wrote about the moral panic over children online, most recently in the specific debate over allowing children under the age of thirteen to open Facebook accounts.
- Tuesday Teasers #10 (12 June 2012)
- I shared the video of Jay Smooth reacting to Obama’s public support of marriage equality.
- Tuesday Teasers #9 (15 May 2012)
- I shared a music video bringing together Lady Gaga and the history of suffrage.
- I reviewed Margot Canaday’s The Straight State.
- Tuesday Teasers #8 (3 May 2012)
- I reviewed Geraldine Pratt’s Families Apart.
- I had thoughts about a new study exploring sexual “want” and established relationships.
- I shared the video of Girl Talk 2011, an event which supports dialogue between cis and trans women.
- Tuesday Teasers #7 (17 April 2012)
- Ever been asked if you have a moment for gay rights? I reflect on the assumptions behind the talking points of charity muggers.
- I shared a music video of K.D. Lang singing Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah.